Position: UX/UI Designer
Organization: Evolution Company
Location: Kalamazoo, MI 49007 or Home Office
Schedule: 20+ hours weekly
Evolution Company’s purpose is to help small businesses improve their probability of success through systematization. Our current focus is in organizing and beautifying departmental workflow redundancies and solving immediate needs with cutting edge cloud applications.
We’re looking for a highly talented UX/UI designer to help us research, design and improve our products. This person should have a passion for usability, an eye for visual consistency, and a knack for reducing the complex to the bare essentials.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with a team to present multiple design options. You’ll be able to translate user needs and business goals into beautiful product experiences, while also communicating design decisions using sketches and hi-fi prototypes.
- Conduct ongoing research of web-based user interface development best practices.
- Design storyboards, proof-of-concept mockups, demos and prototypes of proposed features.
- Follow user interface design standards for applications to maintain an integrated and consistent look and feel.
- Collaborate with our design/product team to solve user problems and present design options
- Conceptualize and design user experiences for a wide variety of user stories, improvements and upgrades
- Create user flows that help translate business requirements and user goals into hi-fi prototypes.
- Identify inconsistencies and recommend options for improving the visual design or experience of the product
- Contribute to and refine UI kits, style guides, and UI libraries
Experience & Skills:
- Strong visual design, layout and typographic skills with a sharp attention to detail
- Knowledge of UX principles and methodologies
- Expert knowledge of creative tools like Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong process for making design decisions that deliver value based on user needs and business objectives
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience working with prototyping software such as Invision
- 3+ years experience working as a UX/UI designer in a product focused environment
- Ability to produce wireframes, site maps, user flows, functional requirements and other assets.
- Experience working with development teams
- Knowledge of HTML5 preferred / CSS
- Production skills including graphic optimization and asset management
- Demonstrated understanding of user-centered design, web usability principles, information architecture and principles of graphic user interface (GUI) design, capabilities of different platforms/browsers, and design constraints on the web
- Strong team collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Competitive Rates
- Longer Term Projects available
- Must include a portfolio with resume