WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
Who We Are
Monetate helps digital marketers make their content more personal. We turn data into action on our customers' sites by doing real-time data analysis and DOM manipulation at a large scale, to help our customers put the right experience in front of their customers users. We are a small team focused on delivering the best experience possible for our customers and enabling them to understand their customers needs at arbitrarily high volumes. We’re looking for engineers who want to do highly scalable work on great brands and solve tough problems.
About the Job
Our engineering team is passionate about scale and truly usable products. As a software development engineer, you will be a technical owner. You'll work on a talented and nimble team of engineers creating real-time decisioning API's with millisecond-level SLA's. You’ll write distributed applications that scale across hundreds of servers. At Monetate we are pragmatists and use open source across our stack. We work primarily in Python on AWS. We're looking for talented engineers who are want challenges at scale. We are very flexible on schedules, and offer a very competitive package. We also have an established, highly productive remote development team you will be working with.
Professional traits of a Monetate Engineer:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or technology
- Thinks big
- Strong engineering background and software development skills
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent preferred
- 2+ years experience in software development - this can be open source side projects while you were studying, or you might have 10+ years of professional experience!
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language, preferably Python
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operation
- Ability to take a product from scoping requirements through actual launch of the product
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Because you’ll be remote, there are some additional requirements:
- able and allowed to travel to the Philadelphia area 2-4 times a year
- have a quiet place to work all day
- able to work, concentrate and stay on top of things by yourself, though we’ll be in constant communication by chat and videoconferencing
- have a solid internet connection
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs