WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
This is a true remote working position. You can be located anywhere in the world. You must have a good Internet connection. Preference will be given to candidates that are located in the GMT -8 or GMT -7 Time Zone
We need two (2) Dev Ops/Cloud Architect to work with us on a full-time(40 hours/week) project basis between 6 and 12 months, starting ASAP. You’ll be part of a small DevOps team working collaboratively to develop various Docker application containers and managing our cloud development and deployment infrastructure.
You will be working with our globally distributed team of developers and Dev Ops, and report directly to our Senior Dev Ops and Systems Architect
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Automating configuration management, deployment of product releases, and the provisioning of servers
- Automating the production of our Linux based container for our development environment including Vagrant, Docker and Ubuntu
- Automating the installation of custom Linux based containers on bare metal
- Automating Amazon AWS and Google Cloud Compute services
- Security of production infrastructure, systems, and applications
- Streamlining every process
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Superb communicators, both in written and verbal form.
- Fluency in at least one of: ruby, python, perl, go.
- Extremely sound knowledge of GNU/Linux, preferably Ubuntu/Debian.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Compute
- Deep experience in managing and orchestrating at least medium-large scale Linux environments (500+ nodes) using tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Understanding of the CAP theorem and a history of working with distributed systems
- Experience of IP networking, including IPv6 & BGP
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with Elastic Search
- Experience with Go
- Experience with Kibana
- Experience with Vagrant
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with etcd
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE TOP THREE “MUST HAVES,” PLEASE DO NOT APPLY!
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Preference will be given to candidates that are located in the GMT -8 or GMT -7 Time Zone
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs