HelloSign is a leading provider of eSignatures. We let users sign documents when, where, and how they want, all with the most intuitive user-interface in the industry. It is our mission to make our customers awesome and the same time create an awesome team at HelloSign!
We’ve got backing from some of the top investors in the valley, including Y Combinator, Greylock, Google Ventures, and US Venture Partners. We’ve seen tremendous growth through word-of-mouth alone and now we're taking it to the next level by launching a fully featured API, building deep integrations in other products (gmail, box, evernote, google docs), enhancing our web-application with cutting edge technology (like React.js), and building an innovative mobile-first solution. Our goal is simply to be the way people sign documents everywhere.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated operations/back-end engineer to expand our (small) operations team and continue to promote DevOps at HelloSign.
- Cloud hosting in AWS
- Configuration Management - Puppet + Packer
- Development environments - Vagrant
- Continuous Integration - Jenkins
- Log management - ELK
- Monitoring/Alerting - Heka, Influx, Grafana, Seyren
- ChatOps - Hubot + HipChat
- One command deploys
- Are located in the US and are willing to work either remotely or in our San Francisco office
- Will make meaningful decisions about our existing solutions and drive the software/services that support our growth.
- Have strong opinions about how to do things, and continue molding those opinions based on your experiences.
- Abhor performing repetitive tasks and/or stepping through inefficient processes
- Do not take issue with attempting to script yourself out of necessity, nor with providing documentation to ensure that others can efficiently do what you do.
- Find new technology interesting and often worth investigation, but exercise great caution before using immature solutions in production
In your first week, you will:
- Commit to our puppet repository
- Commit to our chatbot repository
- Deploy updated chatbot code
- Build and deploy AWS amis (via chatbot)
- Deploy application code to production
In your first month, you will:
- Add meaningful functionality to our chatbot
- Take primary ownership of at least two of the following:
- configuration management
- logs, metrics, alerting, and dashboards
- asset management/pipe-lining
- development environments
- operations-level security/compliance
- workers/job queues
- Have identified pain-points in our application stack and/or infrastructure AND have suggestions around how to fix them
By your third month, you will:
- Help us make architectural decisions to increase availability/reliability
- Improve system metrics visibility to Engineers and non-Engineers alike
- Further optimize our deployment procedures so that we can get thoroughly-tested code into production even faster.
- Want to grow the operations team more to accommodate your growing list of nice-to-have optimizations that aren't high priority, but would be so awesome to build/have.
Life At HelloSign:
- We have rabid fans who love what we make
- We're user-focused and product-driven
- We're always evolving with an eye towards improvement
- Committed to building a product people want
- We have a well-defined culture of fun, continual learning and collaboration
- A supportive, familial atmosphere
- An open, airy, creative space with communal dining and lounge spaces
- We love dogs
- Happy hour for unwinding and partaking in shenanigans
- A fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks
- And we'll never forget your birthday!