We are looking for a positive, independent, self-starting, Internet-loving people-person to join our Help Team as the first Helpster in the UK! Do your customers rave about how awesome your help is? Can you work from anywhere on your own and be more productive than Wall-E? Could you explain the Theory of Relativity to 5th graders? Whether you’re a tabletop junkie or you run your own knitting circle online, you just might be the right geek for the job!
About the position:
The Seattle based Moz Help Team needs an operative in the UK (the CIA and MI6 have always worked closely)! Your primary role involves using email and chat to answer customers’ questions about everything from billing problems to product features. You’ll be a lone wolf across the Atlantic, so you’ll need to be comfortable flying solo and able to work from home (or anywhere you feel most productive!). You’ll need to communicate with your stateside team via email, chat, or self destructive message. You’ll also spend a lot of time problem-solving for customers by reproducing their bugs and writing up reports about them for our engineering and product teams.
- While you’ll be collaborating with your team overseas you’re independent, and are able to work alone and get a ton done.
- You don’t need to be micromanaged. You work with your manager to cook up projects, set your deadlines, and do exceptional work without close oversight. Rather than waiting for someone else to take action, you do what it takes to get customer’s issues resolved. You learn things as you go and are open to constantly changing as our tools and business operations evolve.
- You’ll be our only Helpster in the UK, so you’ll need to have excellent written communication skills to communicate with the rest of the Team here in Seattle via email, or chat!
You will never be bored. By understanding our customers’ needs and working closely with the engineering, product, and marketing teams, you will help us build high quality, delightful products. Shiny!
- You'll be working across many different platforms: Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IE, Windows and OSX.
- You will help drive strategy to make the customer service team more efficient and scalable as our customer base continues to grow.
- You are creative and passionate about analyzing trends and optimizing business processes.
- Experience in customer service and/or technical support roles is imperative
- Lastly, you’re the type of person that doesn’t get easily discouraged. The glass is always half full, and despite tough times and hard problems, you never let customer pain get you down. If you can have hard conversations with customers, spend an hour researching and replicating a nasty bug, and still have a smile on your face at the end of the day, we’re made for each other!
- Provide support to our customers and prospective customers via email, live chat, webinars, forums, etc.
- Advocate for our customers by thoroughly documenting their issues and sending reports to our engineering and product teams.
- Identify and propose ways we can make our company better, our customers happier, and our jobs easier.
- Create joy and happiness for everyone involved with Moz, including team members, vendors, and customers.
- Communicate with team members in the Seattle office via email, chat, and phone.
- Use your HTML, CSS, programming, copywriting, or other unique skills to initiate projects that improve the customer experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. There will be a test!
- Infectious positive attitude with other team members and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflicts quickly and creatively.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Independent thinker with the ability to recognize where processes can be improved and who to collaborate with to improve them.
- Superior analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Experience writing bug reports or other technical documents.
- Intermediate knowledge of inbound marketing, search engine optimization and HTML.
- Passionate about technology and the Internet.
- Experience with customer service software like Intercom, Zendesk, Zuora, Authorize.net, Google Apps, MS Office, Box.net, Docusign, and/or similar applications is a plus.
- Experience with Google Analytics, any CMS, and other web/production/analysis tools a big plus.
We build analytics software that gives our users the technical edge towards better marketing on the web. We are dedicated to the future of marketing analytics. We’re obsessed with it. We’ve been at it for over 7 years and we’re in it for the long haul. We’re a leader in our space, growing fast and receiving frequent recognition for our accomplishments (2014 lists include: Inc 5000, Deloitte Fast 500 and the Puget Sound Business Journal's fastest growing private companies).
Behind our software is a sea of Mozzers with a wide array of personalities, experiences, and expertise. We’ve worked hard and deliberately to build a cultural roadmap. It’s not just about ping pong games and company parties (though we have those, too!). Learn more about it below before you apply:
Moz is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any form of discrimination. Moz values diversity and fosters mutual respect among its employees.