WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
DataStax delivers Apache Cassandra in a database platform purpose built for the performance and availability demands of IOT, web, and mobile applications. We are looking for people with a passion for helping to make customers and partners successful as a Solution Architect. This individual will have a deep understanding of both the traditional RDBMS and Open Source technologies with the ability to interface with both a developer audience as well as a non-technical audience. This position is located in the Chicago area.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide empirical based guidance that leads to the successful development, configuration and delivery of large-scale, distributed solutions built on the DataStax Enterprise platform, Apache Cassandra, SOLR, and Spark
- Provide technical thought leadership for customer engagements, internal initiatives, and product development
- Delivering public and private training for customers and partners
- Providing feedback to the Product Management team
- Participating in the Cassandra community by attendance in community events and the delivery of DataStax content as required
- Ability to thrive in large, complex client engagements, working across teams, organizing and leading implementations in these types of environments
- Ability to craft solutions in hosted in on-premise, cloud or hybrid environments.
- 3+ years customer facing experience
- 7+ years in an application development or consulting role
- Proven track record within a software vendor or turn-key hardware and software vendor
- Strong communication and presentation skill
- Ability to present complex solutions concisely 1:1 and to a large audience
- 7+ years experience in both traditional RDBMS and NoSQL databases including Data Modeling
- Direct exposure to Cassandra, Hadoop and Solr preferable but not required
- 7+ years of experience administering, configuring, or delivering solutions on Linux, Java and/or Python
- Experience with Java Virtual Machine (JVM) tuning and troubleshooting
- Strong software development skills with the ability to communicate well to the developer community
- Comfortable talking up and down the IT chain of command including the IT Director and CIO level
- Good knowledge of datacenter architecture particularly multi-datacenter and global deployments
- Organized and analytical, able to thrive under pressure whilst leveraging strong time management skills
- Creative and adaptive approach with an ability to remove obstacles and accelerate the sales cycle
Software Development and Engineering work experience required
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time is required.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs