Granbury Solutions is building the most elite engineering team in restaurant point of sale. We want the best engineers in the country and that means we’re building a remote team. At Granbury, you can put you valuable skills to work revolutionizing the industry from wherever you are - in the comfort of your own home. Though our company is based in Texas, the senior members of the engineering team are based in the Pacific Northwest.
We’re looking for an experienced software engineer / system administrator to join our new DevOps team. You’ll be on the ground floor planning and building the network infrastructure to support thousands of restaurants. You’ll work directly with the development team to build an elastic microservices architecture and you’ll rollout a configuration management system to manage VM’s in a cloud environment and thousands of in store point of sale systems worldwide. You’ll also support the development team by managing various continuous integration and source control environments.
You’ll have all the best tools and we’ll invest in your career with regular training and an O’Reilly Safari subscription. You’ll connect with your peers and stay current by attending regular technical conferences.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- At least 5 years of experience as a developer or linux system administrator.
- Strong skills with at least one server side scripting language. (Python preferred)
- Deep knowledge of AWS: EC2, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Route 53, etc.
- Expert knowledge of Linux architecture and administration. (CentOS and Fedora distributions preferred).
- Should understand hardware architectures, and the innards of Linux distributions - as well as package management systems like Yum or Aptitude.
- Exposure to configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- Deep knowledge of security vulnerabilities and best security practices.
- Apache web server administration
- MySQL Administration
- Familiarity with REST/JSON based service architectures.
- Exposure to Docker, CloudFoundry or Heroku
- Exposure to Agile methodologies like Scrum or Kanban.
- Must be assertive and possess great written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with log aggregation tools like Splunk or the ELK stack.
- Experience with continuous integration systems like Bamboo, Jenkins, or Hudson. (Bamboo preferred)
- Some Java development experience preferred - with Spring and JPA.
- Exposure to load balancers such as F5 or HAProxy.
- Experience managing Java application servers and web containers like JBoss, Jetty or Tomcat.
- Exposure to NoSQL database administration. (Couchbase Preferred)
- Familiarity with Java builds tools like Ant, Maven or Gradle (Maven preferred)