WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
As a Software Engineer at charity: water, you'll be responsible for developing products designed to help bring clean and safe drinking water to every person on the planet.
- Build, test, and maintain our portfolio of products which include our online fundraising platform, an online dashboard that tracks water project sensor data, and tools that support our water programs teams.
- Integrate user-facing Web applications into back-end office systems and processes.
- Work with a cross-disciplinary team of engineers, designers, product managers, and story tellers to create the best online fundraising experience possible.
- Participate in regular design and code reviews.
- Experience doing full-stack Web application development using Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, and friends.
- Experience with MySQL or Postgres databases, caching with Memcache or Redis.
- Disciplined approach to test-driven development.
- Agile approach to software development and maintenance cycles.
- Experience integrating with internal and third-party APIs (REST API design is a plus)
- Experience with A/B testing and metrics-driven decision making.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- You're agile and pragmatic
- You like getting things done, are disciplined about time management, and consider yourself a remover of obstacles.
- You're passionate about building products
- You enjoy nothing more than turning ideas into working code and a fulfilling user experience.
- You can find the root cause of problems
- You enjoy not just addressing the immediate issue, but tracking down and resolving the underlying source of the problem.
- You're self-motivated
- You see something that can be improved, and you don't wait for permission to fix it.
- You have a strong desire to make charitywater.org a world-class fundraising experience.
- You hold your weight on a small team that handles a lot
- We're a small and efficient staff; because of our size, every person plays an essential role in the organization.
- You communicate well
- You can articulate issues to team members and clearly convey how your solutions will work to address the issues we face.
We prefer candidates located in (or willing to re-locate to) the NYC area, but are open to those who have experience working remotely.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs