We are looking for an experienced engineer to help make Baremetrics even better. We are growing quickly and are at the point where we need to adjust the architecture to handle the growth. These are exciting times with interesting challenges.
What we need from you...
- Passion for application stability, performance, and security
- Strong bias for simplicity
- Interest in building and scaling distributed systems
- Obsessive about the quality of the work you produce
- Self-motivated to spot ways to improve what you're producing without relying on others to do so
- Can communicate effectively and work with a remote team easily
- Familiarity with data analysis/statistics (not required, but definitely a bonus)
- Ruby 2
- Rails 4
- Postgres / Redis / Mongo
- Stripe API
- Amazon RDS
Things you could work on...
- Split the Rails app in to separate services
- Add reasonable tests to those services
- Redesign our data storage to handle fast and exponential growth
- Build tools and processes to help us detect and respond to operational issues quicker
- Increase visibility in to app performance by working on our metrics and logging infrastructure
- Continually improve the experience of our customers
- Find new ways to give customers meaningful data about their businesses
Baremetrics is zero-setup, one-click analytics for Stripe. We provide the tools and data businesses need to make solid business decisions.
Founded in 2013, we're working hard to help businesses spend less time crunching numbers and looking at spreadsheets and instead give them instant access to metrics and business insights that they need to run their businesses.
We're looking for folks who like to solve problems and build a business and product that people genuinely love to interact with.
- Work from anywhere (we're 100% remote)
- Loose vacation policy
- Competitive salary ($60k-$100k)
- Stock options (0.5%-1.5%)
- Flexible work hours
- Vision and dental insurance
- Bi-annual company meetups
- Kindle Paperwhite + Unlimited Books
- Jawbone UP / Fitbit
- Monthly "remote stipend" that you can use for anything
- Perks like home cleaning, movie tickets, books, music & video subscriptions and more!