FormAssembly is looking for an Infrastructure-Operations Engineer to help support and improve our environments that provide FormAssembly to our customers. To succeed, you'll need solid Linux skills, experience with PHP-based application stacks (such as nginx and php-fpm, httpd and mod_php), a comfort investigating any problem and asking for help when needed, and the ability to identify and anticipate potential problems.
You'll be part of a team responsible for delivering FormAssembly reliably, securely, and with minimal delay. As a member of the team, you would be expected to:
- Collaborate on planning, designing, and deploying technology and resources within the FormAssembly environments.
- Maintenance of our FormAssembly infrastructure environments by participating in day-to-day system administration and helping scale our existing services to support our capacity needs.
- Monitor servers and services within FormAssembly, including performance monitoring, reliability monitoring.
- Write, maintain, expand components of our Infrastructure, including puppet manifests, shell scripts, and other tooling.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages, including participation in an on-call rotation.
- You work well within a team environment. You can set aside personal preferences for the benefit of the team. You feel comfortable asking for help when needed, and giving help when asked.
- Experience working remote or with a remote team. Members of our team are frequently remote, and so you should understand and appreciate the benefits and tradeoffs of working remote.
- Ability to work independently. You should be independent and capable of discovering and understanding solutions to problems. You are curious.
- Ability to communicate clearly. You will be writing documentation, participating in issue tracking, and troubleshooting, so it is important you possess clear communication skills.
- Experience in designing, deploying, and supporting Linux installations, including virtualized hosts.
- Knowledge of automation on Linux, OS X, or Windows hosts or experience with configuration management tools.
vScripting knowledge using Python or shell.
- Experience with nginx and Apache in PHP deployments.
- Experience with MySQL.
- Experience with Puppet using role-profiles, and Hiera.
- Experience with Windows Server, including IIS and SQL Server.
- Monitoring experience, whether its log monitoring using Logstash-Elasticsearch, graph-based monitoring using Ganglia, host-resource monitoring using Nagios, or Icinga.
- Backup management experience, such as using tools like Bacula or Amanda.
- Advanced experience using LVM or filesystems such as ZFS.
- Experience with PHP.