WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
Joyent is looking for smart, energetic, technically proficient individuals to join Joyent's global 24/7 Support team as a Customer Support Engineer. We are looking for individuals with deep technical skills who also have a passion for helping customers solve problems and become successful with Joyent products and services. As a member of the Support team, your focus will be on delivering technical support services to Joyent's end-user public cloud customers and our customers using our Smart Data Centre software to run their own private/hybrid cloud services.
The successful candidate will have a strong customer support background and broad technical skills founded in Linux/Unix environments. This role will be home based and requires the ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings, specifically Sunday evenings will be a major requirement.
- Provide world-class technical support services to Joyent's public cloud and Elastic Container-Native Infrastructure customers
- Support Joyent Triton™ Elastic Container Infrastructure (Smart Data Center) and Manta customers in the deployment of private and hybrid cloud solutions on their own premises.
- Provide the highest standards of customer support achieving high customer satisfaction ratings, building customer relationships and encouraging customer retention.
- Develop internal and customer facing documentation and knowledge base articles to help improve the standard of support and the customers ability to make best use of Joyent’s products and services
- Be open to flexible working hours possibly including evening and weekend working in the future
Skills & Experience
- Ideal candidates will have 3 to 5 years of experience in system administration, IT support, and/or product implementation and development.
- Joyent will also consider exceptional recent college graduates with technical degrees (computer science, MIS, other science.)
- Ideal candidates will have some experience in working from home on a day to day basis
- Experience delivering professional services at customer premises
- 2 to 3 years in an external customer facing support organization
- Strong “can do”, customer focused attitude centered around making customers problems your problems
- Ability to interact and clearly communicate with both technical and non- technical users using written and spoken English
- Technically savvy, but enjoy working with, communicating with, and building rapport with customers
- Although you will be trained to perform your duties you must have an aptitude for self learning and proactively and independently enhancing your skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and comfortable dealing with both technicians and “C” level staff
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
Desired Technical Skills
- Core: (Solid understanding of administering software and system infrastructure) • System administration tasks • O/S: Solaris, Linux • Networking/Connectivity: SSH, SSL • Web: Apache, Mongrel, Hadoop, thin • Databases: MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Risk • Storage: NFS, ZFS, NAS
- Languages: (Basic user understanding - more advanced debugging and scaling skills is bonus) • Node.js • PHP • Phython • Ruby • Java
- Additional skills (Not all required - but having background in these helps make an ideal candidate) • Virtualization: Solaris zones, KVM, Xen • Network debugging (traceroute, ipconfig, netstat) • Monitoring (Nagios, Zabbix, Munin) • Windows
Joyent is the high-performance cloud infrastructure and big data analytics company, offering organizations of any size the best public and hybrid cloud infrastructure for today's demanding real-time web and mobile applications.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
US or Canada
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs