WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
- Coordination for all conference vendors (including conference venues, caterers, A/V, and decorators) for both RubyConf and RailsConf.
- Scouting and collecting bids from potential conference vendors, to present to Ruby Central planning team, for final decision.
- Negotiating favorable contracts and terms with conference vendors.
- Manage conference vendor contracts to ensure all vendor obligations are being met and that Ruby Central meets all contractual deadlines.
- Creating and maintaining payment tracking schedule for conference vendors.
- Acting as main point person for conference vendors’ logistics, questions, and concerns from start to finish.
- Working with venue, A/V, and decorator to allocate conference space into specific room sets to ensure conference attendee needs are well-met.
- Working with caterer to create conference’s banquet event orders.
- Working with designer and decorator to produce on-brand event collateral.
- Pre-conference and onsite coordination of all official conference activities at RubyConf and RailsConf.
- Generating and maintaining production/technical documents – production schedule, rehearsal schedule, room grid, conference schedule, shipment tracking, hotel pickup reports, staff travel and lodging, etc.
- Traveling to venue for one pre-conference site visit to finalize room sets, signage placement, and conference attendee flow.
- All onsite management of event vendors (including décor, production, and transportation) from setup to teardown.
- Active participation in Ruby Central planning team communication.
- Weekly planning meetings.
- Daily check-ins in our planning team chat room.
- Research and presentation of future conference host cities/venues to the planning team.
- Selection of most viable venue options provided by each potential host city.
- Creation of venue comparison presentation, laying out advantages of each option to Ruby Central planning team for final decision.
- Full-time but variable work schedule.
- Amount of work comes and goes in waves, leading up to and culminating in the semi-annual conferences themselves.
- Average over the year is a full-time, 35-40 hour work week.
- Remote work environment.
- Most work is conducted over email, phone, videoconference, message board, and online chat. The only exceptions being onsite conference coordination and venue site visits, as needed. These may involve weekend work.
- While work can be done from anywhere, Producer should be generally available during standard work hours (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm) in the local timezone.
- Small, close-knit team.
- Ruby Central planning team consists of three Directors, the Executive Administrator, and the Event Producer. At various points, the team expands to include some consultants and volunteers.
- Event Producer reports directly to the Executive Administrator.
- Compensation is competitive and dependent on experience, skills, and overall fit.
- Salaried position, paid via biweekly payroll.
- No medical benefits offered.
- Ruby Central, Inc. is deeply committed to maintaining a team-based work environment that values diverse viewpoints and voices. As such, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs