WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
DigitalOcean is a simple cloud hosting built for developers, by developers. We make it easy for users to launch and manage their web infrastructure, and we love doing it.
As a Linux Systems Administrator at DigitalOcean you’re responsible for ensuring our customers have a great experience. This is a challenging and rewarding role in which you’ll be supporting 10+ data centers, 10,000+ hypervisors, and 200,000+ customers to troubleshoot issues, scale applications and grow both our customer’s and DigitalOcean’s business.
Support is an integral part of our company and we’re looking for creative problem-solvers who are eager to help our customers. We’re looking for candidates who are are passionate about technologies we use, and have extensive experience working with open-source and Linux environments. As the voice of the customer you have the opportunity to influence product decisions while helping to build the next great cloud company!
This is a full-time position based either in New York City office or remotely. If you choose to work remotely you will have occasional travel to our office for training and team building.
What you will be doing:
- Respond to a high volume of technical and product question tickets generated by our customers
- Troubleshoot Linux (Ubuntu and CentOS), Apache, Nginx, MySQL, Rails/Unicorn, and PHP
- Quickly learn DigitalOcean systems and adapt to rapid changes
- Work both collaboratively and independently within a team setting (we love Slack!)
- Identify and communicate process improvement suggestions
- Incident management and escalations
- Help combat fraud and abuse on the platform
- Collaborate with other teams and departments to improve the customer’s experience
- Willingness to work in a 24x7 setting (nights and weekends)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about technology and customer support
- Strong identity with our brand and team culture
- Strong background with technology and Linux systems
- Strong analytical skills and pattern recognition
- Prior experience in similar environments
- Programming/Scripting: Ruby, Python, Go, Bash
- Source Code Management: Git
- Automation: Chef, Puppet
- Virtualization: KVM, Xen
- Open Source: CoreOS, Docker, Vagrant
Working at DigitalOcean:
- Competitive compensation including a 401k with up to 4% employer match
- Stock options
- 100% of the premium for health, dental and vision and 50% of the premium for dependents
- Corporate Seamless account to keep your hunger at bay
- Monthly commuter expense (for local workers) and gym membership allowance
- Monthly Internet expense for remote workers
- Great office space located in the heart of SoHo
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs