Who we are:
Waysact supports the face to face fundraising of most of the world's largest non profit organisations. Charities like UNICEF, Red Cross, Greenpeace, WWF, Save the Children, UNHCR, Amnesty International and World Vision use Waysact to recruit new donors out on the streets, in shopping malls and door to door.
We're making an incredible difference. We're a group of highly dedicated and talented people (and a few veritable geniuses) located globally; from the rain forests of Argentina to the heart of the Emerald Isle to the South of France and the northern New South Wales hinterland; from Buenos Aires to London to Berlin to Cardiff to Washington to San Francisco to Melbourne and Sydney. We operate in 25 countries and 11 different languages. We're not even 3 years old.
We've grown and are growing at a blistering pace because we have always put our customers at the centre of everything we do. We are proudly bootstrapped and a creative commons for an industry that raises a billion dollars annually for the improvement of the world around us.
Who you are:
- You have deployed and maintained applications on AWS, using services like EC2, RDS, S3, VPC, ELB, SQS and/or ElastiCache.
- You have experience in using tools and frameworks like Ansible, Cloudformation, Vagrant, Packer, consul.
- We support fundraising activities from some of the largest non profits in the world, you are security conscious and want to help ensure that our customer's data remains secure and safe.
- We operate a PCI-DSS Level 1 compliant service, you understand the structure this imposes and want to help improve systems operations given strict constraints.
- You help your productivity by coding scripts in Ruby, Python or even plain bash/zsh to get the job done.
- We support mission critical activities 24x7x365 and some highly demanding and pressured environments. You'll be able to respond to that pressure with strong communication and problem solving skills.
- We're a small multi-disciplinary team. You'll appreciate the variety and opportunity that offers and be able to switch focus easily but you don't get distracted and you finish everything you start. You have the technical proficiency to pick up and use new tools and technologies easily.
- We all work from home, as must you. You'll enjoy the flexibility and freedom that brings but have the maturity to handle it. You can work unsupervised because you over-deliver and that's the only way you work.
- You're known to be hard working, honest, patient, generous and intelligent.
- You have an appreciation for monsters.
We'll expect you to:
- Help improve the monitoring, alert and reporting of our applications and systems.
- Participate in evolving our infrastructure to be more resilient, more secure.
- Help keep the infrastructure and instances secure and patched, responding to security incidents with the security team.
- Take part of our on-call rotation to help us respond to the rare situations where human intervention is required when the machines do not behave.
- Actively engage with the rest of the team on Slack and through issues on Github or Pivotal tracker.
- Support the whole team in delivering software that people love to use.
Why you should apply:
In return, we will provide you with the opportunity to build something amazing. We have a fun, friendly and supportive team culture, and we’re offering the opportunity to grow and develop your skills & experience as a DevOps Engineer in a ground-breaking technology