WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
We’re looking for a front-end developer to join our remote team of digital nomads. We work with all sorts of clients—from startups to government agencies—to build engaging user experiences. We love working with people who are as excited and passionate about creating clean, functional websites and applications as we are.
If you want to work with us, you should:
- Apply best practices to your work and be tech-savvy about the entire front-end stack. Our devs never stop learning—and they’re given an allowance to do so!
- Understand the reasons for front-end tooling and how to use it to produce minimal, clean and maintainable code.
- Be able to integrate your work smoothly with existing server-side APIs (bonus points if you can build your own) and communicate with server-side developers.
- Know how to use distributed version control (we use Git).
- Have at least a little experience with PHP, popular frameworks and popular CMSs.
- Be able to integrate with a small, co-ordinated dev team and throw your own ideas and opinions into the mix.
- Be well versed in responsive development, and be able to produce bulletproof work for a plethora of resolutions, devices and browsers.
- Have a passion for websites and applications, and for building user experiences that leave a lasting impression on their audience.
Additionally, we need someone who is a good fit for our team. Ideally, this means you:
- Have solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Are able to use tools like Slack, Dropbox, Trello, Harvest, Bitbucket, Google Hangouts, Skype and Github.
- Are proactive and aren’t afraid to weigh in on higher-level decisions, or present an iteration that isn’t quite finished.
- Are not afraid to research and experiment to come up with creative solutions to problems.
- Understand the importance of testing environments and consistency across browsers.
- Have the ability to meet deadlines, every time.
- Are located somewhere in North America (most of the time).
- Work well in a fast-paced and remote environment.
- Are able to collaborate with multiple team members.
- Are always looking to learn new things, expand your skill set, and take your work to the next level.
- Proven passion to learn new technology
These aren’t essential, but they will count in your favour.
- CSS preprocessors (LESS, Stylus, SCSS, Compass, etc)
- Task runners (Grunt, Gulp, etc)
- Testing frameworks (Jasmine, Mocha, etc)
- Ruby (Rails/Sinatra)
At Phuse, everyone enjoys:
- 30 hour weeks
- An open vacation policy
- The ability to create your own schedule—deadlines & meetings permitting
- Stipends for education & conferences, home office supplies, healthy living memberships/equipment, and health insurance, over $4,000 /year
- Yearly team retreat
- A starting salary of $52,000 - $55,000 /year
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Located somewhere in North America (most of the time).
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs