As a Jackson River Project Manager, you’ll get to help some of the world’s most influential and respected nonprofit organizations to better serve their constituencies. You’ll also have the opportunity to work with a talented, skilled, and passionate team in delivering open-source, customized technical solutions for these clients. And you’ll get to work for a rapidly growing, profitable, and fun virtual services company that values work-life fit and investing in our employees.
Our employees work typical hours from their home -- wherever that may be -- occasionally traveling to client sites, conferences, or trainings. The majority of our clients are based in Washington, DC, New York City, and the San Francisco Bay area, so some travel may be required depending upon where you live.
We are seeking candidates in the Eastern time zone, such as Philadelphia, D.C., Boston, or New York areas.
- Lead contact for day to day interactions with clients on large-scale website Implementations, system integrations, and other technology consulting projects via meetings, email, project management sites and ticketing tools
- Work extensively in Drupal and Salesforce; programming skills not required but comfort and confidence in configuring and navigating these systems is necessary
- Assist and guide clients in making complex technical decisions based on business goals, strategic objectives, and known best practices
- Develop internal and client facing project timelines, milestones, budget reports, technical requirements, and user documentation for projects
- Provide clients the highest level of customer service at every step in the process
- Manage a team of developers and producers to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Manage projects to SOW deliverables and budget
- Coordinate activities with other client vendors such as design firms, web hosts, or ESPs to deliver holistic solutions to clients
- Basic understanding of online marketing, fundraising, and social networking strategies
- Basic proficiency with Salesforce.com
- Basic proficiency with Drupal
- Familiarity with Email marketing tools such as Silverpop, ExactTarget, etc.
- Superior client service skills
- Big picture thinking with absolute attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- A solid understanding of project management methodologies
- Project/task scoping and estimation experience
- A knack for breaking down large-scale projects into manageable, deliverable tasks
- Ability to lead multi-functional teams, keeping them on schedule and on budget
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous client engagements, while delivering unparalleled customer service
- Basic understanding of current web tools and trends within nonprofit organizations: CMS, eCRM, Blogs, fundraising, ESPs, and advocacy software
- Facilitate client decision-making while adding value to those conversations
- Technically curious and unafraid to get your hands dirty with the systems and software; former developers/producers welcome
- Ability to work independently, but also know when to ask for support
- The discipline to work remotely and maintain a typical business-day schedule
- An excellent sense of humor
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.