As a Customer Support Engineer, you'll be a member of our customer care team, making sure our customers get fast and accurate answers to their technical questions via email, live chat, forums, and more.
At Runscope, feedback obtained through customer support plays a crucial role in helping us prioritize new features and products. Working directly with our designers and engineers, you'll help transform customer feedback into a better product.
You'll be working with developers every day: diving into their code, writing sample scripts, troubleshooting wacky APIs, and doing whatever it takes to help them be successful. When they're successful, we're successful.
- Work directly with developers to help them solve their API problems as quickly as possible
- Establish patterns and practices for scaling the support team, automating where possible
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of customer support across all channels (including email, chat, and online forums)
- Identifying and track key metrics to establish the effectiveness of the support team and the happiness of our customers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to articulate complex technical concepts clearly and succinctly
- Previous experience working in a technical customer support role, preferably for developer tools
- A solid understanding of HTTP and web service APIs
- Some software development experience
- The ability to read and understand code in a variety of languages and frameworks
Bonus Points For:
- Demonstrable experience publicly answering technical questions (Stack Overflow, GitHub issues, forums, etc.)
- Experience working as a Sales or Customer Success Engineer
- Experience working in a service role outside of technology
- Experience working with Runscope or Ghost Inspector
- Familiarity with DevOps, microservices, service-oriented architecture, infrastructure monitoring or automated testing practices.
- Be a part of an experienced team (https://www.runscope.com/about) who have worked on some of the most popular web sites and developer tools.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible working schedule and real work/life balance (https://www.runscope.com/work_at_runscope).
- Frequently catered lunches.
- Unlimited vacation and personal time. (No, really...we take time off very seriously. No burnout allowed.)
- Casual work environment.
- Spec your own equipment — tell us what you need and it will be ready to go when you walk in on your first day.
- Spacious office space steps from the Montgomery St. BART station.
- Commuter benefits.
- Relocation assistance.
- We laugh, a lot.
Runscope is building tools for developers working on API-driven mobile and web applications. We have a clear vision for the future of service-powered companies and the tools that will be required to build the next generation of applications. We're an experienced team backed by top-tier investors looking for people who share our passion for building great tools and want to help shape not just our products, but the company as well.