WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
Mozilla Research is looking for an experienced and independent Operations Engineer to improve our current build and release infrastructure for the Rust and Servo projects and to collaborate on our ambitious long-term plans. This is an opportunity to play a key role in the maintenance of a family of major open source projects and to lead automation initiatives that support the rapidly-expanding Rust ecosystem in its entirety.
You should be comfortable both with owning entire build and release systems and with collaborating with external teams, partners, and community members on these systems to reuse or integrate with existing systems (inside and outside of Mozilla) as much as possible. You will also be responsible for managing the costs associated with these systems and should be comfortable evaluating options in hardware or cloud service providers.
- Maintenance and evolution of the Rust and Servo build and release infrastructure.
- Writing, maintaining, and expanding automation scripts and tooling. These are written primarily in Python and bash today, though we are flexible with using task-appropriate scripting languages.
- Building and nurturing community contributors to the Research build and release infrastructure.
- Collaboration with internal Mozilla and external corporate peer organizations on reuse and extension of their tools.
- Establishing and enforcing strong security practices, potentially with the help of other security teams within the company.
- Handling critical service outages (during normal working hours).
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment in a large-scale production environment.
- Solid scripting knowledge (Python, shell, JS).
- History of reuse and contribution to existing projects over rebuilding.
- Clear communication skills, in documentation, issue tracking, and public community interactions.
- Knowledge of Linux and OSX automation. QEMU / embedded device testing are a big bonus.
- 5 years of related experience required. B.S. in Computer Science preferred but not required.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs