Salary: c£40k - c£65k dependent on experience
Location: Nottingham, UK, or US/EU based (working remotely)
Application deadline: 31st March 2015
Interviews: On a rolling basis through to 30th April 2015
We’re looking for a DevOps engineer experienced with the Microsoft stack who can help us bridge the gap between development and production as well as the management of our infrastructure on Amazon Web Services.
Raising IT is a fast growth tech company, working with amazing causes and backed by VCs behind LoveFilm, Zoopla! and Shazam. We’re pioneering in the nonprofit space to become a world-class, world-changing platform.
We’re looking for someone that can:
- build, integrate, and release complex enterprise solutions (but would rather have them automated);
- deploy a production solution with infrastructure and product automation in AWS;
- use continuous delivery pipelines for automated infrastructure deployment;
- administer Windows Server and has strong Microsoft OS skills;
- manage and monitor development and production environments on AWS;follow, understand, support and optimise our agile development process (Scrum/Kanban/TDD/BDD);
- work directly with the Technical Lead and Lead Developers to bridge the gap between development and production, and troubleshoot issues;
*design, implement and scale cloud solutions;
*attack and execute to lower the mean time between having ideas and making stuff happen; and
*manage and report on AWS costs whilst forward planning scaling the infrastructure in line with demand and our growth.
The skills you’ll need:
- You’ll have deep knowledge of AWS services such as EC2, ELB, S3 and be experienced with deploying and managing Microsoft based web application to EC2 instances;
- Have previously been involved in infrastructure management, designing, implementing and scaling cloud solutions;
- Supporting developers in development and deploying applications in Agile methodologies like TDD/BDD;
- Administering sites with IIS, databases on SQL Server 2008 and issuing and installing SSL certificates on AWS’s ELB;
- Experience of working to an Agile (Scrum/Kanban) methodology;
- Continuous integration and delivery;
- Experience of working with multi-tenancy architectures; and
Not essential, but skills that put you into our “we want you” band:
- Experience of transitioning teams from SVN to GIT;
- Performance monitoring (New Relic/AppDynamics) and tuning;
- SQL Server & Clustering; and
You’re a great fit for us if you:
- Have a great passion for continuous delivery;
- Have experience with automation tools;
- Understand relational databases;
- Have experience with monitoring tools and practices;
- Have a good sense of humour;
- Are always thinking, “What happens if this fails?”;
- Can work independently and is self-motivated but thrives as part of a team; and
- Enjoy planning and running disruptive testing failure scenarios.
Why choose us and what to expect?
- Competitive salary.
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays (dependant on location).
- Fortnightly hackathons which allow you to build and develop projects off the current backlog and roadmap.
- If you’re remote we’ll provide 2 annual paid trips to the UK to work with us for 7-10 days each time, we’ll also cover and invite you to any company events such as our corporate retreats.
- We’ll provide you with a new laptop and 27”+ monitor.
- You’ll be given autonomy to spend the time to find the right solution.
- Finally, we are an approved Amazon Consulting Partner and there will be significant scope for you to develop and expand your role, skills and knowledge as the company continues to grow.
We are working to transform the way nonprofits raise money, market themselves and create impact. We're looking for people passionate about making a difference to help build a world-changing, world-class company.
Raising IT is the leading web platform for nonprofits in the UK, with over 100 amazing charity clients such as the RSPB, Children with Cancer and Send a Cow. We are growing fast, recently closing a sizeable investment from the investors behind Shazam, LoveFilm and Zoopla.
Our product solves a real problem as charities struggle with separate systems that dilutes their impact. We provide the tools to help charities scale social media, manage events, fire up fundraising, sell products and service and better build relationships all through one easy to use web and mobile platform.
We have our HQ at our energising and entrepreneurial office in the TechHub off Old Street Roundabout, and our Product Development team are based in new RTec offices overlooking the River Trent in West Bridgford, Nottingham.
Find out more in some of our short videos:
Why we exist: https://vimeo.com/54936744
Focussing on your cause https://vimeo.com/79377753
The product: https://vimeo.com/87084593