Skillcrush is a rapidly-growing online tech education company that offers online classes, workshops, and blueprints to change our students’ careers and lives.
We’re looking for a senior web developer to join our small development team. You’ll assist with maintaining and enhancing the Skillcrush site as well as build a variety of internal services and applications.
Although based in New York City, the Skillcrush team is a remote company and welcomes job applicants from all over the world!
What you’ll do:
- Maintain and enhance the existing Skillcrush site
- Architect and build internal applications
- Be responsible for deployments
What we’re looking for:
- Fluency in PHP; experience with WordPress a plus
- Solid HTML & CSS skills
- Strong knowledge of MySQL / relational databases; ability to debug queries and write & fine-tune custom queries
- Experience building and maintaining web applications, particularly with application architecture
- Knowledge of how to integrate with APIs and external services
- Strong Git skills
- Strong QA skills; experience with testing frameworks a plus
- Experience with deployment / continuous integration software like Jenkins, etc.
- Ability to work autonomously on multiple projects simultaneously, stay on schedule & take direction from lead developer when necessary
- Strong communication skills and a willingness to work on a highly collaborative team