WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
VoiceThread is seeking an experienced, talented Cloud Engineer to design and implement core infrastructure that will make the service available, scalable, reliable, secure and engineered to the highest standards.
You’ll design and implement infrastructure that will deploy, monitor and scale our cloud-based service. The position will provide many interesting and significant technical challenges and as much responsibility as you can handle.
- DevOps methodology and culture in your DNA. Respect, trust, and fellowship.
- Fluent in AWS cloud services (S3, EC2, ELB, CloudFormation, Beanstalk, MapReduce, IAM, OpsWorks)
- Proven experience working with Unix/Linux systems and scripting languages like Bash
- Strong written and spoken English language skills
- Permanent residence is not a requirement but you must physically be in North Carolina on a periodic basis. The main office is in Durham but in general, remote work is fine.
- Have a generalist’s worldview and be unafraid of rabbit holes.
- Broad and deep experience with networking and web services (DNS, TCP/IP, Apache, Load Balancing, RESTful services…)
- Working knowledge of Hadoop, Zookeeper, Simian Army, or similar technologies
- Real-world experience administering MySQL databases (Backup, Replication, Sharding…)
- Experience with high traffic large-scale applications and associated technologies (Memcached, load balancing, distributed applications)
Why work at Voicethread?
Our platform enables people to communicate better, to learn better, and to listen better. We’re building something interesting, a couple years ahead of it’s time, and yet with a decade long track record of impacting our users lives, often in a profound way. We understand what motivates people who build great products and we see ourselves as one of them. We greatly value our power to make decisions, to work alongside masters and attain mastery, and we want to make something important. If you feel the same way, you’ll find a nice home at VoiceThread.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Permanent residence is not a requirement but you must physically be in North Carolina on a periodic basis. The main office is in Durham but in general, remote work is fine.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs