WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
Mozilla Corporation is a global community dedicated to building free, open source products like the award winning Firefox web browser, Thunderbird email software, and our new Firefox OS. Over the past 7 years, Mozilla's core mission has been extended into multiple products and diverse markets. The Intrusion Detection engineer will be responsible for leading and growing Mozilla's security monitoring program. This includes leveraging existing methods, and developing new processes to detect and respond to security incidents. Sound interesting? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Operate and maintain our event aggregation and correlation systems.
- Improve our ability to detect security incidents through direct alerting, data mining, and trending.
- Develop solutions to help improve detection and response to security incidents.
- Develop solutions to help scale our security monitoring as number and complexity of systems and applications grow.
- Collaborate with multiple DevOps teams to improve event collection and response of security events.
- Participate in review, response, and investigating security incidents affecting Mozilla systems.
- Create and maintain security event reports, including visualizations and metrics.
- Experience operating Enterprise grade SIEM systems required.
- Programming in Python required.
- Ability to perform network flow analysis, read and understand packet captures, develop IDS signatures.
- Ability to analyze and triage malware, including investigations of botnet and rootkit behavior.
- Experience with "big data" tools, such as Hadoop and ElasticSearch.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years of Information Security experience.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Remote or from one of our global offices