DataStax, the company that powers the online applications that transform business, is looking for a Jenkins administrator who wants to be the master guru of all things build server related. Can be located anywhere in the United States.
Primary responsibilities include:
- You will be responsible owning the Jenkins environment at DataStax which spans about a dozen different products, and interacting with the various teams and engineers who own and maintain jobs on the jenkins server. This is a supporting role that the various teams can leverage for deeper Jenkins knowledge and best practices, and to help solve very difficult platform / build issues.
- This role will own the OpenStack and cloud images for the Jenkins slaves, provide infrastructure improvements for the master and slaves, and ensure we can scale up the jenkins environment as new platform and test requirements come on line.
- We are looking for an individual to go deep into Jenkins architecture to understand all of the features available, to streamline existing jobs, to build best practices around job creation, and to have a deep understanding of the jenkins plugin architecture (in case we need our own plugins).
QualificationsThe stuff you'll need to succeed:
- BS Degree or equivalent years experience
- Detail oriented and possess great organization skills with a strong sense of complete ownership
- Great troubleshooting skills to deal with tough platform and build problems
- Great people skills so you can work cross-team and communicate build issues
- Strong systems administration skills to deal with building on a multitude of operating systems, language compilers (Java, C++, C#, Python, Ruby, etc ...), etc
- Great scripting skills because we are firm believers in build automation, efficiency and repeat-ability
- Thrives in start-up company culture
- Exposure to a software development environment focused on CI methodologies
- Nice to haves: exposure to github, maven, ivy, gradle, etc.
The stuff we are looking for in a team mate:
- Easy to work with but has high expectations of self and others
- Competitive streak: wants the win personally and be part of the companies win
- Being the Go-To person and wise sage for all things build related