WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
Gociety is a social network for people who love the outdoors: our community uses Gociety to stay physically active, meet new people, and find awesome things to do outside. Based in Colorado, USA we are a small team of dedicated people working to make the world a better place.
Gociety is a funded startup, and our development takes place in Katowice, Poland. Our main investor and business coach is a Polish-born entrepreneur, and has started three successful tech companies.
We have an iOS app in the App Store and are looking to add strategic functionality and improvements. Mobile is at the core of our business and we are very excited to get a designer involved with our team.
In this role, you’ll work closely with the Mobile Product team to design the next generation of our mobile iOS app and/or responsive web. You value simple, beautiful design and usable interfaces. Your experience in designing mobile interfaces and solutions is extensive and documented - it’s your passion and it shows.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Develop intuitive, usable, and engaging interactions and visual designs
- Initiate and respond to ideas for innovation/improvements based on research and analysis
- Provide strategic thinking and leadership
- Conceive, manage, and lead project design from start to finish
- Identify user needs and business requirements
- Create design deliverables such as specifications, process flows, wireframes, and mock-ups
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the design process
- Collaborate harmoniously with stakeholders to synthesize and incorporate feedback appropriately with a user-centered focus
- Procure buy-in with stakeholders early and often
- During implementation phase respond to day-to-day questions from developers, product managers & project managers. Also work with QA to identify, document, and verify bug fixes
- Experience with agile development process a plus (JIRA/Git)
- Strong English language skills (Level C1 or C2+)
- Experience in agile methodology and working closely with the immediate scrum team on a day-to-day basis
- Well-rounded understanding of online and mobile usability best practices
- Be comfortable sketching or quickly mocking up and communicating design ideas
- Expert level skills in Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator, Sketch 3 and/or other associated design tools
- Rock solid skills in graphic design, with an eye for typography, palette development, intuitive layout, and a pixel-level attention to detail
- Experience with Native app design for iPhone
- Responsive web design experience a plus
- Deep understanding of Apple’s iOS Human Interface Guidelines
- Experience with HTML 5 and CSS3
- Experience with American audiences a plus
- Excellent understanding of user experience design for mobile and web, technology trends, demonstrable design skills, and ability to show relevant work
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced atmosphere with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate effectively
- Must be a self starter that can create schedules and define scope of work
- Proven ability delivering high quality designs to customers
- A team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment
February 1, 2015
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs