WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
Support is Help Scout's bread and butter. We’re pleased to be hunting for our third, full-time support comrade. Our ideal hire is motivated by what we're doing as a company, and eager to contribute on the front lines.
About the Role
- You'll be a product expert in all areas. You'll spend most of your days sending timely, human replies to questions via email, but you’ll also create helpful videos, craft documentation, field phone calls, and offer guided tours.
- Customer success is a big piece of the pie. You'll work one-on-one with customers, helping them to get the most out of Help Scout. You might wing unplanned Skype calls and live screen-shares, or schedule meetings to talk about unique use cases.
- We don't hold you to empty policies or procedures. We expect you to always act in the best interest of the customer. You’re given a lot of autonomies to simply do what’s right, no questions asked. With great power comes great responsibility.
- We’re sticklers about customer experience. We’re always refining and polishing the product and process to perfection. As someone on the front line, your understanding of the product and our customers is incredibly valuable. You’ll regularly chat with the product team to make sure we’re getting it right.
- This is a remote position. We’re looking for someone based somewhere in Europe, at least 5 hours ahead of EST, no exceptions. 4 hours of overlap with the team in the States is required. You’re someone who thrives working remotely without much (if any) oversight.
- You’re passionate about support. You’re in it for the long haul, and you’re not looking for the “next best thing”. This isn’t your first rodeo, nor is it a stepping stone. We’re looking for someone with experience and a serious knack for helping others.
- You’re patient and hardy, with an excellent sense of humor. You’re an exceptional listener and educator, and you’re naturally curious with a strong desire to learn.
- You’re an incredible communicator, fluent in written English. You’re just as comfortable on the phone or in person as you are in an email. Your writing is clear and simple, with a proper dose of empathy.
- You have rare people skills that allow you to get out in front of problems, and proactively help customers with potential troubles. You’re a natural people-person. You’re the type of person that goes out of their way to make things right.
- You’re a hustler with a good ole’ fashion work ethic, day in and day out. You take initiative and ownership to see things through to completion. If it needs doing, you do it.
- This isn’t a technical role, but you should know your way around modern browsers. You’re comfortable coaching customers through disabling browser plug-ins, or how to get accurate information from DevTools. You’re at home on a Mac.
- We need this person to be based somewhere in Europe, at least 5 hours ahead of EST, so that we can have better coverage for our customers in that region.
- Since we do not have any taxable corporate entities outside of the United States, you will be paid as a contractor. In every other way you will be considered a full-time member of the team, but legally you will have to invoice us as a contractor and are subject to your local tax laws.
- Work anywhere - work from your home or anywhere else in Europe, provided you have 4 hours of overlap with the team
- Health & dental - we will reimburse 100% if you have to pay out of pocket for healthcare coverage in your country
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it, we trust you
- Great tools - each employee needs a Mac laptop and 27' display, so we'll get you what you need
- Complete transparency - everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
We need this person to be based somewhere in Europe, at least 5 hours ahead of EST.