WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
Visual design at Help Scout has been a one man show up to this point and we're excited to make it a team. Customer experience is our top priority as a business. Your work will guide the brand and the product moving forward.
About the Role
- You'll work with the design lead Jared on all kinds of visual work, from creating blog post images to designing a feature for the product (and a lot in between). We're thinking this role will be a bit more focused on product UI, but it depends on the person we end up hiring.
- Your projects will start with brief written specs or Balsamiq wireframes. You take it from there, working with another member of the team on product/UX, refining every detail before handing a finished prototype to the engineering team.
- You'll be working with product people that give you the time and the environment to bring out your best work. This also means you must be incredibly persistent, open to feedback/debate and maybe a little OCD.
- You set a higher bar for your work than anyone else. When others feel a design is good enough, you keep polishing, keep simplifying and keep pushing for more clarity.
- Your skills get measurably better over time and you never stop working on your craft. When looking at your portfolio, it's clear you've never stopped improving.
- You have a deep understanding (experience too) of web/mobile application design and UX best practices. You try and use a lot of web apps merely to understand and learn from the design patterns.
- Work anywhere - work from our office in Boston or anywhere else, provided you have 4 hours of overlap with the team
- Health & dental - we cover you and your family's health/dental insurance 100% and reimburse up to half of your deductible.
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it, we trust you
- Great tools - each employee needs a Mac laptop and 27' display, so we'll get you what you need
- Complete transparency - everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Work from our office in Boston or anywhere else, provided you have 4 hours of overlap with the team.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs