WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
We're looking for the third member of our Operations team to be a master of managing email infrastructure at scale. We're currently managing several million inbound and outbound emails weekly. Your expertise will be very important to the business and you'll have an opportunity to contribute to the system architecture in several other ways.
As a Systems Engineer, you'll be responsible for working on our three biggest priorities: uptime, security and performance. The business continues to grow very fast month over month and we have a lot of fun scaling challenges on our hands.
Tools We Use
- Amazon Web Services
- Git + Github
- Nagios + PagerDuty
About the Role
- You'll work directly with two other systems engineers and six software engineers to prioritize the Operations roadmap and implement improvements.
- Some of the projects you'll be working on: increasing capacity to support growth, adding automation to the provisioning process and building tools that give us more fine-grained control/insights over our email infrastructure.
- You'll be working autonomously for the most part. Aside from a couple of weekly check-ins or project updates, you'll be able to work interruption-free. 90% of our communication happens in Slack.
- Work from our Boston office or remotely, provided you have 4+ hours of overlap time with the other engineers. Most of our team works remotely today.
- You'll be working with product people. The founders are technical and committed to creating a magical experience for customers. Your work will impact businesses around the world, in 70 countries and counting.
- You became an engineer because you like writing software that helps people.
- You have a history of working on products at scale and can bring a high level of expertise to the business.
- Your code is not only a pleasure for customers to use, but for other engineers to read and understand easily.
- You can speak and write in terms that non-geeks can understand clearly, whether it be in a conference call, blog post or email.
- Work anywhere - work from our office in Boston or anywhere else, provided you have 4 hours of overlap with the team
- Health & dental - we cover you and your family's health/dental insurance 100%
- Flexible vacation - take time off when you need it, we trust you
- Great tools - each employee needs a Mac laptop and 27' display, so we'll get you what you need
- Complete transparency - everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Work from our Boston office or remotely, provided you have 4+ hours of overlap time with the other engineers.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs