WARNING! This job is awaiting verification or has expired and may no longer be applicable
Who We Are
HowAboutWe is the offline dating site. We help people go on great dates -- in an easeful, natural, and effective manner.
HowAboutWe was founded in 2010 and was acquired by Match Group in 2014. Today, the HowAboutWe Team consists of dedicated engineers, designers and product thinkers driven to make HowAboutWe the best dating experience there is.
We are looking to expand our team and look forward to meeting new candidates.
Who We're Looking For
We are looking for an expert server-side or full-stack Rails developer to build out our exciting new features and matching algorithms, while improving our site performance & reliability. We want someone who’s pragmatic to the core, passionate about code, and has been in the trenches long enough to have a sixth sense about what makes good Ruby/Rails code.
- write clear, self-documenting code, and seek out best practices
- write unit & integration tests, and incrementally refactor
- are confident with performance optimization, and identifying bottlenecks and scalability concerns
- are familiar with a range of modern data stores (relational, document, key-value, search, etc.)
- work well with a multidisciplinary team, and communicate actively
- think independently and love sharing your technical knowledge with others
- aren't afraid of a little database administration or dev ops work (we use chef & AWS)
- probably have a technical degree and 3+ years of real-world Rails development experience
- are a small dedicated product team (5 people), so your contributions really count
- love Github, Jenkins, Pivotal Tracker, HipChat, iDoneThis
- work in weekly sprints, with regular retrospectives, and do code reviews via pull requests
- support open-source development, and encourage contributions back to the community
- are data-driven, and take product ideas from the whole team
- hate useless meetings, value your time, and enjoy a good work/life balance
- Competitive Compensation — including bonus and paid time off.
- Continued Learning — we'll pay for conference attendance, equipment, and training.
- Exceptional benefits — health, 401(k), discounts on movie tickets, your phone plan, gym membership, Apple store, ...
- Food & Drink — free daily beer drop, stocked fridge, and copious snacks.
- Location — we work in the awesome IAC building with Vimeo and College Humor, right near Chelsea Market and the High Line.
- Flexible Time — work when and where you're most productive.
We will support relocation for the right candidates, and are open to remote working. We can provide visa sponsorship.
- Application Info
Please sign in with Google or
GitHub to view this job's application information.
This is necessary to prevent companies from receiving excessive amounts of spam.
Tramcar - Toronto-Waterloo Region Corridor Jobs