Foodydirect.com is a fast-paced organization whose mission is to become the web's leading marketplace for ordering the best regional gourmet food in the USA. We have the cool vibe of a startup and the dependability of a proven management team and solid funding. We are headquartered in Menlo Park.
We're looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails developer with top-notch software design and coding skills.
This is a full-time position for individuals who are passionate about Ruby on Rails and looking for a challenging/rewarding position in an Agile, BDD/TDD environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Architect, build, test and refine new products and services
- Develop and expand infrastructure to scale with demand, providing fault-tolerance and predictability
- Tackle a wide variety of coding problems throughout the stack
- Brainstorm and prototype new concepts and approaches fast. Turn prototypes into real things
- Troubleshoot and maintain production and testing environments. Contribute to diagnosing and solving performance issues whenever the occur
- Be a team player in a highly collaborative environment
- BS degree in computer sciences or related area
- 5+ yrs. development experience - with last 2+ years in Ruby on Rails
Skills & Requirements
The ideal candidate:
- Loves to code - able to design and write well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code
- Ambitious, driven, and talented individual who wants to work in an Agile development environment
- Expert knowledge of Ruby on Rails and all layers of the stack (UI to DB)
- Experienced in Behavioral/Test Driven Development (BDD/TDD)
- Ability to work in a remote pairing environment
- Experience with Responsive Web Design and mobile applications
- Aggressive refactoring skills
- Solid SQL skills, preferable with Postgres
- Proficient in both Linux (production) and Mac OSX (development) environments preferred
- Familiarity with Heroku & Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, etc.) preferred.
- Be eligible for employment in USA