Site5 is seeking a full-time Systems Engineer to join our team. The chosen candidate will be working from home in a small group of highly knowledgeable Linux administrators and engineers who are responsible for creating and improving the technical infrastructure that powers our shared, reseller, cloud, and VPS web hosting customers.
The position will entail working on a wide variety of projects; most of them involving the maintenance, optimization, and creation of the core infrastructure that drives our business. We are looking for a person that doesn’t settle for default settings.
Some projects you may be working on:
- change management (Chef)
- improving internal and external security
- improving HTTP performance and reliability
- improving efficacy of anti-spam systems and reduce server blacklistings
- kernel optimizations
- optimizing virtualization environment
- managing Linux-based servers (5+ years)
- virtualization experience, Xen preferred (3+ years)
- scripting aficionado (Bash, Perl, Ruby, or Python)
- comfortable working with Git
- desire to create quality code that is easy to understand by your peers and maintainable for the long-term
Additional Skills Desired
- experience with Ruby and writing tests
- experience with managing email servers (Exim preferred)
- building / managing packages (RPM preferred)
- creating / managing shared storage systems
- administration experience with OnApp or SolusVM
- MySQL clusters
- C programming experience
Why should you work at Site5?
Site5 is a well-established company with over 10 years of experience in the web hosting industry and more than 600,000 websites hosted.
Here are a few other reasons you will enjoy working for Site5:
- You will be working from the comfort of your home anywhere in the world! Our entire company is 100% remote -- we all work from home.
- Your input and suggestions matter, and we encourage them. We want to be told when there is a better way to do something.
- We encourage learning new skills and we will pay for the books to help. We want you to grow and move up in the company. Your success is our success!
- We use Github and a peer-review system, so everyone can improve their knowledge.
- All employees receive 20 days of paid time off per year and increases to 25 days after three years.
- Health/dental/vision insurance is available to U.S. employees and we cover 100%!